Friday, August 28, 2009

I win the lottery ev'ry week

by choosing not to play

that might sound dull and boring?

but think of the money I save !


If I'd played it started

once a week on a Saturday night

by now I'd have spent hundreds

eight or more - to be precise !


& that's without the Wens'day draw

Euro millions or dream number

& the Thunderball & 'scratchies'

means your money, all gets plundered


but people just don't realise this

when they naively, go to play

In these times of increased taxes - - -

its the tax they choose to pay


but think of chaos theory

& consider the possibility

that the random chance of winning

goes against the probability !


I don't need a lotto win

before my friends I'll see

& if you pop round for a cuppa

there'll be honey still for tea !


I used to be a dreamer

but now I know the facts

& I have to say

its the tax you pay

for not listening in maths ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment